Monday, August 17, 2009

Songs for the altar

Everybody knows there's power in music. It's just as powerful at the altar as anyplace else.

I'm developing a soundtrack for my altar time.

  • Surely He Died On Calvary by Rev. James Cleveland (not sure why, except that it makes my hair stand on end; it's partly the wailing harmonies in the background as Rev. Cleveland sings. But the rest of it is: Jesus knows.)

  • Satan, We're Going to Tear Your Kingdom Down by Shirley Caesar
  • (I like to add: Black candles gonna burn your kingdom down!)

  • "Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel?" - haven't selected a version yet, but it's a good old spiritual with a proud universalist message.

  • Lord, Do It by Rev. James Cleveland (...while this candle's still burning, Lord!)
I'm still considering:

No comments: